What does DeafMail do?
- Provides an e-deaf-community for its members that is conducted
in a friendly and helpful social climate.
- Encourages participation and consumer-related activities
amongst its members.
- Assists in demonstrating the effectiveness of the use of
email amongst members and deaf people in general.
- Represents, supports and provides assistance to its members
on their consumer interests and issues.
- Takes steps to establish direct or indirect links and
maintains contacts with organisations and services whose consumer
interests are similar in whole or in part.
- Uses an Internet content provider that is favourable in terms
of facilities and services.
What else does DeafMail do?
DeafMail's business is e-administrated and is run by the deaf members who
are elected annually to the Executive Committee. There are honorary
positions for Coordinator, Assistant Coordinator,
Finance Officer and 2 committee members. The e-AGM is held during March.
DeafMail is a member of the following umbrella organisations:
- UKCoD (UK Council on Deafness)
- TAG (Telecommunications Action Group)
Home / Organisation / Clubhouse / Membership / Accessing DeafMail /
Join / Contact